Ava Cloud cameras have been validated for use with Wasabi cloud storage. Ava video security systems feature innovative hybrid cloud and on-premise components to create a flexible video solution for the areas you want to protect.
Ava Cloud Cameras and the cameras attached to Ava Cloud Connectors™ can be configured to store recordings in Wasabi's cloud storage using Ava Storage Connect. This knowledge base article details the steps to add Wasabi cloud storage as a backup destination to store backups.
Table of Contents
- Architecture Diagram
- Add Wasabi As A New Backup Destination
- Apply Configuration Profile to Camera
- Logs and Restore process
- A current release of Ava Aware deployed.
- An Ava Aware camera license.
- Ava Storage Connect license.
- An active Wasabi cloud storage account.
2. Reference Architecture
The following architecture diagram depicts how Ava cameras and third-party cameras can store recordings in Wasabi cloud storage.
3. Add Wasabi As A New Backup Destination
To use Wasabi as a cloud storage destination, we will be adding a new storage destination on the Ava Aware Cloud configuration profile. Follow the steps in this section to add Wasabi as an S3-compatible backup destination.
3.6 To change where the backup goes to, or when the backup occurs, reopen the Configuration dialog and on a profile click Manage backup settings.
- Backup Location- Select “Amazon S3” as the backup location.
- Access Key- Enter the access key for your Wasabi account. Refer to creating a sub-user and access and secret keys.
- Client Secret-Enter the Secret for your Wasabi user. Refer to creating a sub-user and access and secret keys.
- Endpoint- Enter the service URL of the Wasabi region as the endpoint as described in this Wasabi service URLs article.
- Region- Enter the name of the Wasabi region. Refer to Wasabi service URLs and regions article.
- Bucket- Enter the name of the Wasabi bucket you wish to use for the backups.
- Click "Done".
Note: These settings apply to all configuration profiles, not just the one you opened this dialog from. If needed, different schedules can be set for different sites within Aware. For more details on how to do this, please consult the Aware documentation.
4. Apply Configuration Profile to Camera
Once Wasabi is added as a backup destination on the configuration profile in the above section, follow the below steps to apply the configuration profile to the camera(s). You can skip these steps if the configuration profile is already applied to the camera(s).
4.4 Using the tick boxes on the device tool, select each camera you wish to apply it to.
4.5 Click the edit cameras button at the top of the tool.
4.6 Select the camera configuration profile that you created above. Then click "Done" on the Edit window to save.
5. Logs and Restore process
5.1 Logs- Follow the steps in the Download Logs from Aware article to download logs from your Ava Cloud Aware deployment.
5.2 View Recordings backed up to Wasabi-
Recordings backed up using Ava Storage Connect can be accessed and downloaded by signing into Wasabi Console. The recordings are stored as mp4 files.
To download the recording files using Wasabi Console follow the steps below.
5.2.1 Refer to Signing into Wasabi Console to sign-in to the Wasabi Console and view the buckets.
5.2.2 Once you sign-in, click on the on the bucket where the recordings are stored to display the files in the bucket.
5.2.3 Select the file that you want to be download and click on the three dots on the right and click then click on "Download As".
5.2.4 Click on the "Download" button to download the file.
For more information on Ava Cloud Cameras, please refer to their documentation