Yes, Wasabi can be used to store primary or secondary copies of your data. Given the significant price and performance advantages that Wasabi provides over Amazon S3, there are advantages to using Wasabi for all data sets. However, Wasabi recognizes that given the incumbent nature of Amazon S3, some organizations may wish to continuing using Amazon S3 for their primary data set storage. In this scenario, Wasabi provides an inexpensive and highly durable storage repository for a secondary copy of your data.
Articles in this section
- What is Wasabi?
- What is the difference between Amazon S3 and Wasabi?
- I am relatively new to S3-style cloud storage & want to understand how Wasabi compares to other cloud storage services like Carbonite, Dropbox, and Google Drive?
- Does Wasabi offer cloud services besides object storage?
- What can I do with Wasabi?
- Can I store my data in Wasabi but run my application in Amazon’s cloud?
- What storage classes does Wasabi offer?
- What kind of data can I store?
- Can I use Wasabi to store the primary or secondary copy of my data?
- How can I start using Wasabi?