If an attempt to charge your credit card for a Wasabi invoice fails (for any reason including insufficient funds, bank declines, card expiration etc.), the following steps described and shown in the timeline table below will happen. As shown in the timeline table, you have over 40 days from the time of the first payment failure before action is taken to delete your Wasabi account and associated files. If you are not able to resolve any payment problems before this time, please contact us as soon as possible before automatic system delete action is taken on your account and files.
Additional details on the steps described in the table are provided below:
1. You will receive a system-generated warning email indicating the charge attempt has failed. If you need to update or change your credit card info, you can do this from the Wasabi Management Console -> Billing -> Payment Settings -> Edit Existing Card or Add New Card (see below)
Once you have made the change to your credit card info, you can either wait for the system to automatically retry within 24 hours or you can use the 'PAY NOW' button in the Payment Method window to force an immediate payment attempt on an outstanding invoice.
2. 24 hours later after the first failure, Wasabi will attempt to charge the card again. If this charge attempt also fails, you will receive another system-generated warning email indicating the charge attempt has failed.
3. 24 hours after the second failure, Wasabi will attempt to charge the card again for a third time. If this attempt also fails, you will receive another system-generated warning email indicating the charge attempt has failed.
4. If you don't resolve the payment problem in 7 days, you will receive another system-generated warning email indicating the account is now in a restricted state. In this restricted state, you will be able to login to the Wasabi management console for purposes of resolving the credit card problem but will not be able to upload new files or download existing files. In this email, you will also be informed that if you don't resolve the problem in 30 days, you Wasabi files will be deleted.
5. If you do not resolve the payment problem 30 days after receiving the payment problem email described in step 4, you will receive another email indicating that you have 3 days to resolve the problem or your files and Wasabi account will be deleted.
6. If you have failed three successive times due to a problem with your credit card, and you subsequently resolve a problem on your credit card and want to re-start the authorizations, simply re-enter the SAME credit card information and submit it. The system will start its three attempt sequence over again.
Once the files are deleted by Wasabi as a result of the above process, it is not possible to recover the files.
Special handling for pending credit card expiration:
Ten (10) days prior to credit card expiration, Wasabi will send an email to you indicating the pending CC expiration. If the credit card expires but the invoice is not yet due, you will also receive an email from Wasabi informing you of the pending credit card expiration. If the credit card is expired when the Wasabi invoice charge is attempted, the notification process will proceed as described in steps 1 -> 5 above.