In the event of a payment problem due to an expired credit card, credit card charge rejection or any other credit card event that prevents a Wasabi invoice from being paid, Wasabi will send the affected customer a series of emails and take certain actions until the problem is resolved. The system behavior for these types of events is as follows:
1. Ten (10) days prior to credit card expiration, Wasabi will send an email to the customer indicating the pending CC expiration.
2. If the credit card expires but the invoice is not yet due, the customer will also receive an email from Wasabi informing them of the pending credit card expiration.
3. If the credit card is expired or is rejected when the Wasabi invoice charge is attempted, the customer is informed by email of the rejected charge and that the customer has 7 days to resolve the problem. During this 7 day period, the customer will have all normal access to their storage resources.
4. If the customer does not resolve the payment problem in 7 days, the customer will receive another email indicating the account is now in a restricted state. In this restricted state, the customer will be able to login to the Wasabi management console for purposes of resolving the credit card problem but will not be able to upload new files or download existing files. In this email, the customer will also be informed that if they don't resolve the problem in 30 days, their Wasabi files will be deleted.
5. If the customer does not resolve the payment problem 30 days after receiving the payment problem email described in step 4, the customer will receive another email indicating that they have 3 days to resolve the problem or their files are subject to deletion.
Once the files are deleted by Wasabi as a result of the above process, it is not possible to recover the files.