If an attempt to charge your credit card for a Wasabi invoice fails (for any reason including insufficient funds, bank declines, card expiration etc.), the following steps will happen:
1. You will receive a system email indicating the charge attempt has failed. If you need to update or change your credit card info, now is the type to do it. It is not possible to request a manual charge action; the system process will continue as described below.
2. 24 hours later after the first failure, Wasabi will attempt to charge the card again. If this charge attempt also fails, you will receive another system email indicating the charge attempt has failed.
3. 24 hours after the second failure, Wasabi will attempt to charge the card again for a third time. If this attempt also fails, you will receive another system email indicating the charge attempt has failed.
4. If you don't resolve the payment problem in 7 days, you will receive another email indicating the account is now in a restricted state. In this restricted state, you will be able to login to the Wasabi management console for purposes of resolving the credit card problem but will not be able to upload new files or download existing files. In this email, you will also be informed that if you don't resolve the problem in 30 days, you Wasabi files will be deleted.
5. If you do not resolve the payment problem 30 days after receiving the payment problem email described in step 4, you will receive another email indicating that you have 3 days to resolve the problem or their files are subject to deletion.
Once the files are deleted by Wasabi as a result of the above process, it is not possible to recover the files.
Special handling for pending credit card expiration:
Ten (10) days prior to credit card expiration, Wasabi will send an email to you indicating the pending CC expiration. If the credit card expires but the invoice is not yet due, you will also receive an email from Wasabi informing you of the pending credit card expiration. If the credit card is expired when the Wasabi invoice charge is attempted, the notification process will proceed as described in steps 1 -> 5 above.