The Arcserve UDP platform can be used with Wasabi for the following functions:-
- Copying of Recovery Points/Upload Recovery Point - This task copies the recovery points from the backup destination to Cloud.
- File Copy - This task lets you copy individual files to the specified destination.
- File Archive - This task allows you to delete the source data after it has been copied to Cloud.
- Active Wasabi account
- Arcserve UDP
1. Login to the Arcserve UDP Console
2. Click on Resources, then Cloud Accounts, and finally Add a Cloud Account as shown below.
3. Enter a Display Name and select Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage from the drop down selection box. Hit OK.
4. Enter your credentials (access-key and secret access key) and a bucket name.
If you want to have your bucket reside in a different region than US-East-1, change the URL accordingly. Click here for more information on Wasabi service URLs.
5. At this point the connection between Arcserve UDP and Wasabi has been completed successfully. Now, we can configure Plans to copy recovery points (backups) to Wasabi.
Navigate back to Resources, click on the appropriate Plan and Add a Task, as shown below.
As mentioned above Arcserve UDP can be used to perform Copy Recovery Points, File Copy and File Archive with Wasabi as the Cloud destination. Below we have listed the steps to perform all these functions.
1. Select 'Copy Recovery Points'.
2. Select the Source settings as appropriate.
3. Click on Copy Settings. Select Cloud Storage as Destination Type, Wasabi as Cloud Service, the Cloud Storage we set up above. The remaining settings can be default or changed as needed. See example below.
Note - Based on the task, the Arcserve application creates a bucket with a prefix. In this case the prefix is "arcserve-crp-".
4. Configure a Schedule as per your requirement. Click Save when done.
Note - Recovery Points are copied immediately after completion of the backup task if no schedule is defined.
5. Based on the Schedule, Arcserve UDP will copy the recovery points to Wasabi.
6. You can verify the data is getting stored in your Wasabi bucket via Wasabi console.
File Copy allows you to copy individual files to a specified destination. Note - File Copy can only be added to an agent-based backup plan.
1. In this case, we will modify an existing Backup plan to add a File Copy task. Click on Add a Task as shown below.
2. Select File Copy from the drop down selection box.
3. Source - First select whether the file needs to be copied from Daily Backups or the last of every 'x' backups. Then, click on Add Source Path to select the File/Folder
4. On the popup window, enter the Source Path to the file or folder that needs to be copied. Click OK when done.
5. Click Yes if you did not intend to enter any filter. Verify the Source Path on this page before moving on to Destination.
6. Click on Destination. Select Cloud Storage as Destination Type, Wasabi as Cloud Service and finally the Cloud Account name entered for Wasabi.
You can enable compression and encryption as required.
7. Click on Schedule. Select the appropriate option, and finally hit Save on the far right to save the changes.
1. We will continue with the same Plan as above and add another task for File Archive now. See screenshot below.
2. Click on Add Source Path to enter the path for the source file or folder that needs to be archived off to cloud. Click OK when done.
3. Now, click on Destination. Select Cloud Storage for Destination Type, Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage for Cloud Service and your Cloud Account name for Cloud Storage.
Note - Arcserve requires separate Cloud Storage destinations for File Copy and File Archive. You can simply use your Wasabi account and add it twice with unique names.
4. Click on Schedule. Set the appropriate schedule and then hit Save to save all the changes.
Finally, if you want to manually execute any of the above functions you can go back to All Plans, select the appropriate Plan and right click to see the different options to run a Backup, File Copy or File Archive as shown below.