StarWind Storage Gateway is certified to use with Wasabi. More info on the joint StarWind - Wasabi solution can be found at:
- Joint solution brief can be found here
- StarWind Storage Gateway for Wasabi page can be found here
- Blog entry on use case can be found here
To use this product with Wasabi, follow the configuration steps below.
1. Download StarWind Storage Gateway software
2. Add new Server with its IP address and port number
3. Add new VTL Device
4. From the VTL menu, click Cloud Replication
5. From the wizard choose Wasabi S3 Compatible
6. Type in your Wasabi Access, Secret keys, Bucket name and choose the region for its deployment
Leave default settings and click "Apply"
In order to Replicate data from your Tape Infrastructure to Wasabi Cloud Storage review the following information from Starwind
Following scenarios were successfully tested:
- Automatic upload to Wasabi Storage from Tape infrastructure
- Restore from Cloud*
- Disaster recovery from Wasabi's Cloud Storage
Note that this example discusses the use of Wasabi's us-east-1 storage region. To use other Wasabi storage regions, please use the appropriate Wasabi service URL as described in this article.
* Please note that in order to Restore from Cloud:
In order to restore backed up data from Wasabi’s Cloud storage, local copy of the tape needs to be deleted, here are two ways to achieve this:
- Navigate to VTL storage location (Default location is C:\VTL\VTL.swdsk.tapes)
- Locate the .VTdat file and delete it
- Navigate to “Cloud Replication” configuration on the VTL
- Edit “Cloud Replication settings” and change value for “Keep local copy after the file has been replicated, days” setting from “Never Delete” to “Delete Immediately”
Both these options allows Starwind VTL software to ensure restoration can be achieved.