Wasabi Client for Mac is a free Wasabi-provided application that allows you to mount Wasabi hot cloud storage in your Mac OS environment. To use the app, the following prerequisites apply:
- Minimum Mac OS of 10.12.5
- Sufficient free disk space on your Mac to use the product (review this article so you understand how Wasabi Client file caching works)
Before you install Wasabi Client for Mac, you should also review the topics and articles below. These articles help you understand whether or not Wasabi Client for Mac is a fit for your use case.
- An understanding of what this app does and doesn't do (this article will help)
- An understanding of the limitations of the app (this article will help)
After you have reviewed the above information, please proceed with the installation instructions below. This quick start video may also be helpful.
1. Download the Wasabi Client for Mac installation package from here.
2. Drag the downloaded Wasabi Cloud Storage Client icon to Applications.
3. Go to Applications (Go > Applications) and double-click on the Wasabi Cloud Storage Client icon.
If you don't already have a Wasabi account, enter your name, email address, and password. Then, click Sign up. Wasabi will send a verification number to your email address. Enter this 6-digit number (in place of 000000) and click OK.
If you already have a Wasabi account, click Log in under the Sign up button and continue by logging in.
4. After login, in the Mac system tray, the following icon will be displayed:
And, the following icon will show the installed app in the Application folder:
5. Once you have logged in, you will now have two mounted Wasabi hot cloud storage buckets in your Mac Finder window. This article explains the differences. For additional information on using Wasabi Client for Mac, please review the user documentation: