Wasabi Explorer is a free app that enables you to share share files between your Windows host and the Wasabi hot cloud storage service. This app a version of CloudBerry Explorer that has been customized for use with Wasabi hot cloud storage. Wasabi Explorer provides a user interface to your Wasabi storage account by allowing you to access, move and manage files across your local storage and your Wasabi storage buckets. Features include:
- Familiar Windows File Explorer-like user interface
- Compression and encryption
- Ability to access multiple Wasabi storage regions
- Upload rules
- Header editing
- Multi-part uploads
Note if you want an app that lets you not only share Wasabi files with your Windows host but also mount your Wasabi buckets as a disk volume on your Windows host, you may wish to consider CloudBerry Drive (a paid app from CloudBerry Lab).
If you have any questions regarding the functionality or use of this app, please contact Wasabi (not CloudBerry Lab).
This article provides the installation instructions for the Windows version of Wasabi Explorer for Cloud Storage.
- A valid Wasabi storage account and Wasabi API key set
- Minimum Windows OS:
- Windows 7/8/10
- Windows Server 2008 or higher
- Minimum System requirements
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0,
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
- 512 MB RAM, 100 MB minimum disk space, Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter
1. Download the Wasabi Explorer install package
2. Install Wasabi Explorer by following the prompts in the installation package. The workflow will look like this below. When prompted to enter in an email address, you can use the same email used with your Wasabi account.
3. To configure Wasabi Explorer to connect to Wasabi, go to File -> Wasabi as shown below.
4. In the Add New Wasabi Account screen, enter in your preferred Display Name, Wasabi API Access Key, Wasabi API Secret Key, and leave the Use SSL option checked as shown below.
You can use the Test Connection button to verify Wasabi Explorer can talk to Wasabi and the API key set is validated. You will receive the Connection Success message if connectivity and key validation is successful.
5. Once the Wasabi connection is built, you will see Wasabi show up on the list of Registered Accounts below:
6. To start to use Wasabi Explorer in a manner where you transfer files from your PC to Wasabi, select My Computer as the Source and Wasabi as the Destination as shown in the example below.
7. At this point, Wasabi Explorer is ready for use. All of the existing Wasabi storage buckets are available for use. If you wish to create a new bucket, you can do this from the Wasabi storage pane by selecting the blue cube (on the lower right) as shown below.