Zmanda is now certified for use with Wasabi. To use this product with Wasabi, please follow the instructions below.
- Amanda Enterprise and Zmanda clients are installed
- Wasabi account
1. Launch Zmanda management console
- Go to “Admin -> devices” page.
Click on “S3 Compatible Cloud Storage (Cloudian, Wasabi, etc.)”.
2. In the Cloud Storage page:
- Insert device name in “Name” field.
- Provide “Endpoint (Host Name)” - s3.wasabisys.com
- “Access Key” and
- “Secret Key” in respective fields.
- After providing all the details, click “Add”.
Note that this config example discusses the use of Wasabi's us-east-1 storage region. To use other Wasabi storage regions, please use the appropriate Wasabi service URL as described in this article
3. Once the device added, the user will see a screen like shown below.
4. Create a backup set:
- From “Backup -> where” page, assign “Wasabi device” created to the backup set.
- Click on “Radio button” as shown in the image below.
- Click “Use”.
5. Provide “Location Restriction”. For this example, provide location restriction as “us-east-1”. Then click on “Add”.
6. This will create a bucket on Wasabi cloud with the name “zmc-<access-key>-<backup set name>”.
7. Follow steps below on how to create a backup
- Go to “Backup -> now” page. Select the radio button “Force Full Backup”.
- Click on “Start Backup Now”.
- This starts the backup process.
8. Below shown is the “Monitor -> backups” page, where the user can check the status of the backup. Refer to the 2 screen shots below:
9. User can check the backups in Wasabi console.