Acronis Cloud backup is verified for use with Wasabi.
- Wasabi Cloud storage account
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Partner account
- Acronis Backup Gateway (VM or AWS VM)
- Acronis Agent installed and configured.
Table of Contents:
1) To download Acronis gateway software, login to your Acronis cloud account and click on settings -> Location -> Add Backup storage and click "Download ISO"
2) For the information below, Acronis gateway was installed on VMware ESXi 6.5
3) Acronis gateway install guide available here
1) Once Acronis gateway is installed, the gateway will need to be configured. Access gateway via a web browser http://ip-address:8888. Once logged in following summary page will be displayed:
2) Click on "Storage Services" -> "Backup storage" -> "Create backup storage"
3) Click "Public Cloud"
4) Choose the node to be used as a target (in this example, "aci-gateway-upps") and click "Next"
5) Configure the Pubic Cloud parameters:
- Select the object Storage type:
- Wasabi (S3)
- Endpoint URL:
- Note that this config example discusses the use of Wasabi's s3.wasabisys.com region. To use other Wasabi storage regions, please use the appropriate Wasabi service URL as described in this article
- Access Key ID:
- Secret Key ID:
- Bucket: bucket should be created ahead of time via Wasabi console. Here is how
6) Choose appropriate Volume parameters for your attached storage, for the integration, Tier 0 definition was sufficient:
7) Provide DNS name for your Acronis gateway - this cannot be an IP address, it needs to be configured as a DNS name and click "Next"
Note: Please ensure "wasabi-acronis-gateway.com" is a FQDN which resolves to the Acronis storage gateway's IP address. For ex: if your Acronis storage gateway's IP is 192.168.1.100. performing an nslookup function on "wasabi-acronis-gateway.com" should provide a 192.168.1.100 result.
8) Provide your Acronis cloud account details such as user-name/password and click "Done"
9) Acronis Storage gateway configuration association with Wasabi Cloud storage account is now complete.
1) Login to your Acronis cloud account
2) Click on "Clients" and choose the client "customer-test" and click on on the
3) Choose "configure"
4) Navigate to "Backup" and click "edit"
5) Scroll down to "Cloud resources" and be sure to check "wasabi-acronis-gateway:44445"
Note: Acronis agent software running on a server communicates with Acronis storage gateway over port 44445. Acronis solution requires several ports to be open, Please review following info.
6) Click "Save"
1) Login to your Acronis Cloud account
2) Click on "Clients" and choose the client profile you are setting up the backup job for. In this example, the client profile is named "customer-test"
3) Choose the client, in this example, the client is named "Wasabi123"
4) Acronis will navigate you to managing this client, click on "Manage service"
5) At this stage Acronis will allow you to choose the asset that needs to be protected. Choose the server which has the acronis agent software already installed.
Note: to install acronis agent, review information provided by Acronis here.
6) Select "AcronisAgent" and click "Backup"
7) Create a backup plan, choose entire machine or files in the server to be backed up. Choose "Cloud storage" and click "Create"
8) Click "Run now"
9) Once backup completes, following message will be posted:
10) Login to your Wasabi console and confirm the backup inside your bucket:
Note: Acronis software has a proprietary way of doing the uploads through indexing and segregation, utilizing their in-build folder structure. The data you will see after the uploads will not be visible in native format.