Veeam Cloud Connect Service Providers (VCSPs) can use Veeam Backup & Replication to offer cloud repository as a service and disaster recovery as a service to their customers (tenants). Veeam Backup & Replication lets VCSPs set up the cloud infrastructure so that tenants can send their data to the cloud and store it there in an easy and secure way. This article describes how to configure Veeam Cloud Connect with Wasabi.
Pre-requisites for VCC to integrate with Wasabi
- Veeam Backup & Replication release v10.
- Veeam Service Provider license - ensure the license has "Cloud Connect Provider set to Yes"
- Veeam Backup & Replication release v10 as a customer
- Wasabi account
Note: Wasabi is NOT a Veeam Cloud Connect provider. A Veeam Cloud Connect provider can use Wasabi to offload end-customer backups to Wasabi. You can find a Veeam Cloud Connect provider on Veeam's Partner page.
Table Of Contents:
1. Confirm your license. Veeam v10 requires the Cloud Connect license to operate your Veeam instance in a Cloud Connect mode.
Note: If this is a new instance of Veeam Cloud Connect (or VCSP) setup, follow steps 2-5 to activate a certificate. If not, go to step 6.
2. Click "Manage Certificates".
3. Choose "Generate new certificate", then click "Next".
4. Input a name, then click "Next".
5. Review the "Summary" page, then click "Finish".
6. Click "Add Cloud Gateway".
7. Choose a "Server" from the dropdown menu, then click "Next".
8. Confirm Network settings, then click "Next".
9. Default settings for "Review" & "Apply" pages, click "Next", then click "Finish" on the "Summary" page.
10. Create a "Cloud Gateway Pool", click "Add Gateway Pool".
11. Input a name and description, then click "Next".
12. Choose the Cloud Gateway created in the previous section, then click "Next".
13. Click "Finish".
14. Add a new Tenant, click "Add Tenant".
15) Input the following:
- Check the box for "Backup storage".
16. Default value for "Max concurrent tasks", then click "Choose..." for "Gateway Pool".
17. If multiple gateway pools are available, manually allocate a gateway pool in the following method. If not, automatic selection should be selected. Then click "OK".
18. On the "Backup Resources" page, click "Add" to create a cloud repo. A pop-up window will open, Input the following, then click "OK".
- Provide a name "SP Cloud".
- Choose a Backup Repository "Wasabi Scale Out Repo".
- Refer to steps 22-27 from our Veeam v10 KB.
- Alter the quota, if applicable.
19. Review the "Summary" page, then click "Finish".
20. Click "Backup Infrastructure", then click "Service Providers".
21. Click "Add Provider" and input your service provider's DNS name or IP address. If you dont have a service provider, you can find a service provider on Veeam's Cloud Connect Partner page.
22. Then certificate will be negotiated with your Service Provider's Veeam instance, then click "Continue".
23. On the "Credentials" page, click "Add" to input the credentials created in step 15, then click "OK".
24. Once you click "Apply" on the "Credentials" page, the credentials will be verified with your service provider. Once authenticated, the application will navigate to the "Backup Storage" page, click "Apply"
25. Default values for the "Apply" & "Summary" pages.
26. Navigate to "Home", right click on "Backup", then click "Virtual Machine".
27. Input a name and description for the Backup Job, then click "Next".
28. Choose the VM(s) to be backed up, then click "Next".
29. Choose the cloud repository (SP Cloud) from the dropdown, then click "Next".
30. Default settings for "Guest processing" & "Schedule" pages. Review the "Summary" page, then click "Finish".
31. The backup job will commence, and store the backup on your cloud service provider's local storage.
32. The backup data, stored on Service Provider's local storage network:
33. Once the backup is written to your cloud service provider's local storage, if the "Instant Copy" feature has been enabled, the backup will be offloaded from your VCSP storage to Wasabi storage:
34. Verify the backup data has been written to Wasabi: