In Wasabi's latest service release on 24 March 2020, we’ve added some of our top requested console and related features:
- Invoices are now displayed and may be downloaded as PDF (details below)
- Wasabi Management Console has a new WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards compliant layout (details below)
- New Mobile view and additional features available when accessing via a Mobile device (details below)
- IAM Policies may now be enabled to allow a sub-user access to billing (details below)
- Updated TLS/SSL versions for Wasabi Management Console (details here)
- Wasabi Explorer for Mac is now available
1. Invoices are now displayed and may be downloaded as PDF
On the Billing Overview page, select the three dots in the upper right corner of the invoice and select Download Invoice:
You may see a note to let you know that your invoice is being generated, and then you’ll be prompted to save your invoice.
Note that this option allows other users to be able to access the invoices, but they still must log into the system to obtain them. Direct email of the invoice is still not available.
2. New WCAG 2.0 Accessibility standards compliant layout
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 defines how to make Web content more accessible to people with disabilities. Accessibility involves a wide range of disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning, and neurological disabilities. For example, the layout change looks something like this (old format is on the left; new format is on the right):
3. New mobile view and additional features available when accessing the Wasabi Management Console via a mobile device
Wasabi has enhanced the usability of the management console on mobile devices (below is a comparison of the console on a desktop browser vs. mobile browser).
Making the interface mobile responsive not only allows people with smartphones to access the application, it allows various screen sizes and adjusts the user experience to the device or screen they are using.
Billing invoices may now be downloaded as PDF from the console. Just click the Download PDF button.
4. IAM Policies may now be enabled to allow a sub-user access to billing
You can enable/disable billing portal access for IAM users and roles. This does not provide direct access, which is controlled by policies. Instead, it toggles control for users/roles who could access the billing portal.
- Click Settings on the Wasabi menu and open the Allow IAM Users and Roles to access Billing Portal dropdown.
- Slide the option to the right. The slide option is blue when access to the billing portal is enabled.
When access to the billing portal is disabled, the option is gray.
- A message asks you to confirm that you want to enable access to the billing portal. When complete it will look like this.