The Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance (Wasabi Ball for short) lets you move large datasets to Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage quickly, conveniently and cost-effectively. Below are the prerequisites and technical restrictions that pertain to the use of the Wasabi Ball.
Terms and Conditions
1. The terms and conditions associated with using Wasabi Ball are referenced in the Wasabi Ball quote and at wasabi.com/legal.
2. Wasabi Ball(s) will be charged to the customer's Wasabi account upon shipment. If not returned within a 30 day period, Wasabi will charge an extended rental fee per Wasabi Ball for each additional month.
Technical Prerequisites & Restrictions.
1. Customer is solely responsible for encrypting their data prior to transferring to the appliance or requesting Wasabi to turn on volume-based encryption on the appliance.
2. Files larger than 5 TB in size should not be transferred to the Wasabi Ball as 5 TB is the largest file size that is supported by the S3 protocol
3. Filenames with UTF-8 special characters may have to be renamed before being transferred as they are not supported by Wasabi
Order the Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org