Wasabi is certified for use with Milestone XProtect Video Management Software. The XProtect application does not have a S3 interface for connection to S3-compatible service like Wasabi. You can use a third party application like Tiger Technology Storage Bridge to extend the on-prem storage to Wasabi.
- Active Wasabi cloud storage account
- Milestone XProtect VMS software
- Storage Bridge plugin
1. Login to the Milestone XProtect Management Client.
2. Click on Storage Bridge as shown below. The screenshot shows Storage Bridge plugin installed on the Milestone VMS.
3. Click on Extension setting under the Storage Bridge section. Storage Bridge displays the Location mapping it to where the Milestone Recording Server is configured to store Recordings (for example C:\MediaDatabase)
4. Click on Enable nearline extension
5. Select Wasabi, and then enter your access-key and secret key. Click on List buckets
6. Select the appropriate bucket from the list and click OK. Click OK on the confirmation pop up.
7. Click on Configure nearline extension as shown below.
8. You can select one of the two options to set a criteria for Storage Bridge to offload recordings to Wasabi. You can either set based on age (hours/days/weeks) or used space (%). Click OK when done.
9. Finally, click on Activate to initialize Storage Bridge Extension as shown below.
10. Click Yes to confirm.
11. At this point the Storage Bridge will write recordings to Wasabi based on the configuration criteria set on Step 7.
12. You can also login to the Wasabi console and browse the destination bucket to confirm the data is being written accordingly.