This article will walk you through the Wasabi Cloud NAS (WCN) installation prerequisites and initial configuration procedure.
1. Minimum system requirements
- PC with 64-bit (x64) processor
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2/Windows® 8/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/ Windows® 10/Server 2016/Server 2019
Important: Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2 computers must run at least Service Pack 1 and have the KB976932 and the KB3033929 security updates installed.
- 4 GB of physical RAM (at least)
- 60 MB of available hard-disk space for installation (at least)
2. Wasabi Cloud NAS Storage account
You will also need to have an active Wasabi Cloud NAS Storage account prior to installing the Wasabi Cloud NAS software. If you haven't already signed up, its quick and easy. Just click here and follow the simple instructions.
3. Gather required information
Once you have an active Wasabi Cloud NAS Storage account, you will need the following information:
- Account ID (ex. '1000000xxxxx' available on the Account Settings page from the Wasabi Management Console)
- Access key and secret key set (Also available from the Wasabi Management Console)
Store this information and keep it handy - you'll need to reference in the configuration section.
Next, follow the instructions below to download, run the installation and configure the Wasabi Cloud NAS product.
Click here to download the latest version of Wasabi Cloud NAS. This link will download a zip file. In order to unzip the file and access the installer, enter the password provided on the Beta sign-up confirmation email.
Installation & Configuration
1. Run the Wasabi Cloud NAS installer file that you downloaded above.
2. Click on the checkbox to agree to the License terms and conditions, and click Next.
3. Click Install to begin the installation.
4. Click Finish to complete the installation process.
5. At the completion of the install above, a Configuration Wizard window pops up to guide you through initial configuration of the Wasabi Cloud NAS. Click Next to continue.
6. Now, enter the account information collected prior to the installation. Choose an appropriate region for the bucket via the drop down box. Click Configure to move ahead.
7. Finally, the Summary window provides a snapshot of the configuration. Click Finish to close this window.
8. The Wasabi Cloud NAS user interface pops up displaying the configuration. You can modify, add or delete any configuration as per your requirements here.
9. You can start adding your data to the Source folder 'Wasabi Cloud NAS' that was created under your Documents folder.
10. This data is automatically replicated to the target Wasabi Cloud NAS storage bucket created earlier.
At this point, you can follow the configuration template above to manage other folders on your attached storage as well as external NAS appliances.