Wasabi Cloud NAS is a new product offering currently in Controlled Availability (CA) phase, and is being offered to select participants. If you are interested to learn more about the product, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your use case and requirements, along with any other information related to your storage environment.
This article will walk you through the Wasabi Cloud NAS (WCN) installation prerequisites and initial configuration procedure.
Watch the 'Getting Started with Wasabi Cloud NAS' video below!
1. Minimum system requirements
- PC with 64-bit (x64) processor
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2/Windows® 8/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/ Windows® 10/Server 2016/Server 2019
Important: Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2 computers must run at least Service Pack 1 and have the KB976932 and the KB3033929 security updates installed.
- 4 GB of physical RAM (at least)
- 60 MB of available hard-disk space for installation (at least)
2. Wasabi Cloud NAS Storage account
You will also need to have an active Wasabi Cloud NAS Storage account prior to installing the Wasabi Cloud NAS software. If you haven't already signed up, its quick and easy. Just click here and follow the simple instructions.
3. Gather required information
Once you have an active Wasabi Cloud NAS Storage account, you will need the following information:
- Account ID (ex. '1000000xxxxx' available on the Account Settings page from the Wasabi Management Console)
- Access key and secret key set (Also available from the Wasabi Management Console)
Store this information and keep it handy - you'll need to reference in the configuration section.
Next, follow the instructions below to run the installation and configure the Wasabi Cloud NAS product.
Installation & Configuration
1. Run the Wasabi Cloud NAS installer file provided by the Wasabi team.
2. Click on the checkbox to agree to the License terms and conditions, and click Next.
3. Click Install to begin the installation.
4. Click Finish to complete the installation process.
5. At the completion of the install above, a Configuration Wizard window pops up to guide you through initial configuration of the Wasabi Cloud NAS. Click Next to continue.
6. Now, enter the account information collected prior to the installation. Choose an appropriate region for the bucket via the drop down box. Click Configure to move ahead.
7. Finally, the Summary window provides a snapshot of the configuration. Click Finish to close this window.
8. The Wasabi Cloud NAS user interface pops up displaying the configuration. You can modify, add or delete any configuration as per your requirements here.
9. You can start adding your data to the Source folder 'Wasabi Cloud NAS' that was created under your Documents folder.
10. This data is automatically replicated to the target Wasabi Cloud NAS storage bucket created earlier.
At this point, you can follow the configuration template above to manage other folders on your attached storage as well as external NAS appliances.
NEW! - You can download the Wasabi Cloud NAS Admin Guide at this link.