BackupAssist ER has been validated for use with Wasabi. For info on how BackupAssist ER work with Wasabi please visit this page. Follow steps outlined below to configure Wasabi as a backup destination.
- BackupAssist ER v1.1.0 or higher
- An active Wasabi account.
1. Launch BackupAssist ER
2. Navigate to "Backup" -> "Jobs" & click "New"
3. Under the "Disk to disk to cloud" section, click "Create Backup"
4. In the "General" tab, provide name and description for the backup job in the "General" section
Under the "Encryption" section, enter a password in the "Encryption password" field which will be used to encrypt the backup. BackupAssist ER encrypts all backups before sending the data to Wasabi
5. In the "Files & applications" tab, select the volumes that you want to backup
6. In the "Storage Location" tab, you will provide destination for both local and cloud storage
Under "Storage Location 1" section, you have the option to select either "Local disk" or "Network Location" as the "Storage Location type"
Provide the necessary information per the selected location type and click "Check Network Location" to confirm the storage destination is accessible
7. Under "Storage Location 2" section, select "S3-compatible cloud storage" as the "Storage location type". Provide the following -
- Bucket - provide a globally unique name. BackupAssist ER will create a bucket using this name in your Wasabi account
- URL - the service URL for the Wasabi region (prefix the URL with https:// is required)
- Access Key
- Secret Access Key
Note: This config example discusses the use of Wasabi's us-east-1 storage region. To use other Wasabi storage regions, please use the appropriate Wasabi service URL as described in this article.
Click "Check account". BackupAssist will access your Wasabi account using the security keys and create a storage bucket with the name provided.
8. In the 'Schedule" tab, set the "Backup schedule" and "Retention scheme" as needed and click Save
9. The backup job is now configured and displayed in the Jobs tab
10. To run the cloud backup, click on the job and select "Run cloud backup" from the "Run" dropdown menu
11. Once the job completes, the status will show Successful
12. The backup will now be visible in the "backupassist" folder in your Wasabi account