BackupAssist Classic has been validated for use with Wasabi. For information on how BackupAssist Classic works with Wasabi, please visit this page. Follow the steps outlined below to configure Wasabi as a backup destination.
- BackupAssist Classic v11.0.0 or higher
- An active Wasabi account
1. Launch the BackupAssist Classic Console
2. Click “+ Create a New Backup Job” and then select “Cloud Backup”
3. In the “Selections” tab, select the files, folders, and applications that you want to back up, and click “Next”
4. In the “Destination media” tab, select “S3 compatible cloud storage” and click “Next”
5. In the “Schedule” tab, select either the “Basic” or “Grandfather-father-son” scheme and select the desired backup time, then click “Next”
6. In the “Set up destination” tab, provide the following –
- S3 Compatible Bucket - provide a globally unique name. BackupAssist Classic will create a bucket using this name in your Wasabi account
- Service URL - the service URL for the Wasabi region (prefix the URL with https:// is required)
- Access Key ID
- Secret Access Key
- Encryption Password & Confirm Encryption Password - will be used to encrypt the backup. BackupAssist Classic’s Cloud Backup encrypts all data before sending it to Wasabi
- Note: This config example discusses the use of Wasabi's us-east-1 storage region. To use other Wasabi storage regions, please use the appropriate Wasabi service URL as described in this article.
- Click "Check account". BackupAssist will access your Wasabi account using the security keys and create a storage bucket with the name provided.
7. In the “Name your backup” tab, provide a name and description for the backup job, and then click “Next”
8. The backup job is now configured and displayed in the “Manage backup jobs” screen
9. Select the job and click “Run” from the toolbar, and then choose “Run” from the popup
10. The progress and report for the job can be seen in the “Monitor running backup jobs” screen
11. The backup will now be visible in the “backupassist” folder in your Wasabi account