How do I use Arq with Wasabi?
Wasabi has been validated for use with Arq. Arq backs up your files to the cloud automatically and safeguards your digital privacy
Table of Contents
- Reference Architecture
- Configuring Arq backup with Wasabi
- Configuring immutable backups using object lock
- Arq software version 7
- An active Wasabi account
Configuring Arq backup with Wasabi
Follow the steps outlined below to integrate Arq backup with Wasabi.
1. Launch Arq Backup. Click on "Create a Backup plan"
2. Click "Add Storage Location" to add Wasabi as cloud storage.
3. In the Add Storage Location dialog box, select "Wasabi" and click "Continue"
4. Enter the Wasabi access keys and click "Continue"
5. Choose to create a bucket or use an existing bucket and click "Continue".
Note: If you intend to use "object lock" for immutable backups, be sure to choose a bucket which has object lock enabled
Note: To access Wasabi's APAC region at s3.ap-northeast-1.wasabisys.com, Arq version 7.6 is required
6. Now that you've added Wasabi as a storage location, click "Continue".
7. Choose an encryption password for Arq to use to encrypt backup data before uploading it to Wasabi. Then click "Continue".
8. Choose which files to back up: all connected drives, only the Users folder, or select individual folders. Then click "Create Backup Plan".
Arq will now back up the files you chose to your Wasabi account every hour.
Configuring immutable backups using object lock
Arq 7 now provides support for S3 Object Lock API. You can configure immutable backups by following the steps outlined below -
9. Create an object lock enabled bucket. (for more information click here)
10. Create a backup plan using the bucket create above following the steps 1 - 8.
11. Next, edit the backup plan to set the immutability options.
Arq will add/extend a “compliance mode” lock to every object needed by the latest backup record to ensure it’s immutable for at least 90 days.
Note: For more information on Immutability support on Arq, please click here.