Wasabi Cloud NAS is a new product offering currently in Beta phase, and is being offered to select participants. If you are interested to learn more about the product, please send an email to email@example.com with a brief description of your use case and requirements, along with any other information related to your storage environment.
Latest version : 18.104.22.168
If you are an existing Wasabi Cloud NAS customer and would like to upgrade to the latest version shown above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the instructions on how to upgrade the software.
This article will walk you through the Wasabi Cloud NAS (WCN) installation prerequisites and basic configuration steps.
Minimum system requirements
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2/Windows® 8/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/ Windows® 10/Server 2016/Server 2019
Important: Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2 computers must run at least Service Pack 1 and have the KB976932 and the KB3033929 security updates installed.
- 4 GB of physical RAM (at least)
- 60 MB of available hard-disk space for installation (at least)
Download & Installation
1. You can sign up for a Wasabi Cloud NAS free 1 TB 30 day trial account at https://wasabi.com/sign-up/cloudnas/
2. Once you complete the necessary information and hit Submit on the sign up page, you will presented with a download link for the Wasabi Cloud NAS software.
3. Once the download is complete, begin the installation by running the Wasabi Cloud NAS installer file as Administrator.
4. Click on the checkbox to agree to the License terms and conditions, and click Next.
5. Click on the Install button to continue the installation.
6. Click Finish to complete the installation process.
7. Next, a window pops up to guide you through rest of the Wasabi Cloud NAS New Account Signup and configuration steps.
Enter the Email Address used earlier on the signup webpage, and hit Submit.
Note - If you have already created your account, simply click on the 'Skip to Cloud NAS configuration' link.
8. You will then receive a 6 digit numeric code at the email address above. Copy that code and enter it in the Email Verification screen. Hit Verify when done.
9. Now, set your Wasabi Cloud NAS Account Console login password here. This password is only used when attempting to login to your new account via Wasabi console. Hit Submit when done.
10. At this point you have successfully signed up for Wasabi Cloud NAS storage account. You should have received a confirmation email from Wasabi.
The next screen below is part of the Configuration Wizard that helps you get setup quickly with a local source and corresponding target bucket.
Select the appropriate region where you would like the new bucket to be created. You can also change the Bucket Name from the preset name as needed.
Hit Configure to submit.
11. Next, a summary screen shows the basic configuration summary. Hit Finish to launch the Configuration interface.
You can continue adding more local or NAS as sources and pair them with different buckets.
Admin Guide (UPDATED 7/22/2021)
You can also download the Admin guide from this link for details on the features and functionality.