How do I use Catalogic DPX with Wasabi?
Catalogic DPX provides fast, reliable and robust backup and recovery capabilities for virtual and physical environments with archive to tape, disk, or cloud object storage. Catalogic DPX has been validated for use with Wasabi. To use this product with Wasabi, please follow the instructions below.
Table of Contents
Catalogic DPX 4.7.1 or later
A DPX proxy node for S3 communication is required
- An active Wasabi account
1. Log in to the DPX Management Console.
2. Browse to Configure --> Devices
3. Select Add Device Cluster.
4. Provide a Device Cluster Name. Under Device Type, select "Cloud" and for the Cloud Provider Type, select "Wasabi" from the dropdown menu.
5. Add the following details and click "Add"
- Bucket Name
- Endpoint URL
- Access Key
- Secret key
Note: This config example discusses the use of Wasabi's us-east-2 storage region. To use other Wasabi storage regions, please use the appropriate Wasabi service URL as described in this article
6. With the newly created Wasabi Cluster selected, select "Add Device."
7. Add the following details to the new device to be used as a cloud proxy and click "Apply"
- Device Name
- Select which DPX Client to be Cloud Proxy
8. To add a Media Pool for the Wasabi Cloud objects, browse to Configure --> Media -->Add Media Pool
9. Add the following details to the new device and click Add
- Media Pool Name (e.g Wasabi_pool)
- Media Type: Select Cloud
- Minimum Number of free volumes: Select 1
10. Initialize the Pool by selecting a starting letter of the media
VMware Agentless Archive
12. To use the newly created Wasabi S3 Target, open the VMware Agentless backup job definition to be archived. Browse to the schedule screen and add an archive schedule selecting the Wasabi Device cluster and media pool
13. All active backup and recovery jobs can be monitored through the job monitor screen.
For any support or setup questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with Catalogic DPX Technical Support at email@example.com