AXIS Camera Station is certified for use with Wasabi. AXIS Camera Station is a video and access management software developed to fit surveillance use cases.
- AXIS Camera Station 5, AXIS S-Series Server (or 3rd party server that meets guidelines)
- Active Wasabi storage account
- Tiger Technology Surveillance Bridge (S3 gateway)
Reference Architecture Diagram
1. Create a bucket in your Wasabi account via the Wasabi Console.
2. If you don't have access and secret key pair (API Keys), you can create one by following the instructions here.
B. AXIS Camera Station
1. Install, configure and activate your AXIS Camera product.
2. After creating a bucket on Wasabi, go to your AXIS Camera Station client and look for the main recording drives by navigating to configuration>management. Here you can adjust allocated capacity.
3. Under configuration>selection make sure the cameras you wish to store in the cloud are storing the drive you wish to replicate.
C. Tiger's Surveillance Bridge
Since the AXIS product does not have a native S3 connector, you will require a S3 bridge application like Tiger Technology's Surveillance Bridge product.
1. Install and activate Tiger Surveillance Bridge
2. Launch Surveillance Bridge. Using the Add Source button, select the same drive/folder as shown in AXIS Camera Station as the source to be replicated.
3. Now, pair the source with the Wasabi storage bucket you’ve created by entering the below information.
Server URL - See here for all Wasabi service URLs
Access key - Paste your Wasabi access key here
Secret key - Paste your Wasabi secret key here
Click on List buckets and select the appropriate bucket. Hit Apply when done.
4. Choose the action to perform on the bucket. For initial configuration or if the bucket is empty choose “No Action”. Click OK when done.
5. At this point, the Bridge is setup to begin replicating all the data in the source folder to the Wasabi bucket. After all configurations steps have been performed, click the “Resume” button to start the service. Replication of data to the cloud will commence immediately.
You can login to the Wasabi console and confirm if the data is being written to the bucket with the same directory structure as seen on the local storage.
Additional Options supported on the Surveillance Bridge app and validated with Wasabi:-
Disaster Recovery Policy
Mirror Copies the customer data to the cloud. Both data sets are identical (the one on-prem, and one in the cloud) Bridge makes a full copy of local data to the cloud for redundancy.
Storage Extension Settings
In this case, Instead of a mirror copy, you're simply extending the capability of local storage to the cloud. The older data is in the cloud, while the newest data sits locally. After X number of days, the data is deleted from the local drive to free up on-prem capacity, but data is still in the cloud if/when it needs to be accessed.
Disaster Recovery + Storage Extension
By combining both options, as soon as the data lands on disk, it replicates to the cloud. Data is only deleted from the local drive when it hits the retention (perhaps 7th day, whatever the customer requires), then it's off the local drive but you can still retrieve it instantly from the cloud