MSP360 (Cloudberry) Managed Backup Service (formerly CloudBerry) software is certified for use with Wasabi. To use this product with Wasabi, follow the simple steps below to configure MSP360 Managed Backup Service with your Wasabi storage account.
Table of Contents
1. Log in to the MSP Managed Backup Service portal (www.mspbackups.com)
2. Click on 'Storage' and then 'Storage Accounts' from the toolbar at the top.
3. Now, click on Add Account (right corner of the screen).
4. Click on Wasabi.
5. Enter a display name and your Wasabi account credentials (access key and secret key), and then click Save.
6. On this screen you can create a new bucket in one of the regions or choose one of the existing buckets. Hit Next when done.
7. Now, we can apply the storage to the Companies as needed, click Next and then click Save on the next screen.
8. At this point, when the end-user logs in to their Cloudberry/MSP360 Backup application and tries to create a new backup plan, they will see the Wasabi storage account as one of the options.
MSP360 Managed Backup Service now supports configuring immutable backups.
In order to use immutability, the software version of the backup agent should be 7.3.0 or later.
The immutability cannot be enabled in the backup agent. It must be enabled in the web console. To manage immutability, an Administrator should have the appropriate permissions. For more information, please click here.
Follow the steps outlined below to make your backups immutable.
9. Log in to the MSP Managed Backup Service portal.
10. In the Storage Accounts, select the Wasabi account configured above. Click the gear icon, select View Backup destinations.
11. Click Add Destination Bucket to add a new Backup destination or ... to edit the existing backup destination.
12. In the Add Destination Bucket window, provide a Display Name. Create a new bucket or Select an existing Object Lock enabled bucket from the list and check the Allow Immutability (Governance) checkbox.
13. Click Confirm to enable Immutability in the next window and click Save to add the backup destination.
14. Assign it to the required companies and click Save.
15. We need to assign the backup destination created above to the backup plans and enable immutability along with the GFS retention policy.
Note: The immutability option cannot be enabled by the backup agents. It can be enabled in the backup destinations and the backup plans by Administrators using the RMM for security reasons.
16. In the RMM menu, select Remote Management.
17. On the required computer, click the gear icon and click show plans.
18. Edit the required backup plan. Assign the backup destination created above as the cloud storage.
19. In the Retention Policy tab, set the required GFS settings. Check the Enable Immutability checkbox, confirm enabling the feature in the following window, and click Save.