Wasabi has been validated for use with CubeBackup. CubeBackup is a Google Workspace backup application to secure your company data across the entire domain. To learn more about the CubeBackup - Wasabi joint solution, please refer to our solution brief. To use this product with Wasabi, please follow the instructions below.
- Cubebackup v4.2 and later installed
- An active Wasabi account
1. Log in to the Wasabi console and click the “CREATE BUCKET” button to create a new bucket. In the pop-up dialog, input a bucket name and select a region based on your location. Then click “CREATE BUCKET”.
Note: Please leave “Bucket Versioning”, “Bucket Logging”, and “Object Locking” disabled as CubeBackup has its own version controls and logging system.
2. Start the CubeBackup configuration wizard.
When starting CubeBackup for the first time, the initial configuration wizard will pop up. Select “Amazon S3 compatible storage” as the Storage type, and provide the corresponding information for the storage bucket created in Step 1
- Data Index path -For performance reasons, CubeBackup needs to keep some metadata on a local disk when backing up Google Workspace data.
Note: Data index is the metadata for the backups, and its accessing speed is crucially important for the performance of the backups. We strongly recommend that you store the data index on a local SSD. See What is the data index for more information.
- Endpoint - service endpoint URL of the region in which the bucket was created (s3.ap-northeast-1.wasabisys.com in our example)
- Access Key ID
- Secret Access Key
Note: This config example discusses the use of Wasabi's ap-northeast-1 storage region. To use other Wasabi storage regions, please use the appropriate Wasabi service URL as described in this article
3. In the next step, you need to enter the domain name and the administrator account of your Google Workspace, as well as the Google Service account key file. For more information, please follow the CubeBackup configuration guide.
4. Once the configuration is complete, your Google workspace data will be automatically backed up to the Wasabi bucket you have created.
5. Data backup & restore histories can be found on the HISTORY page in the CubeBackup console. If any error occurs, click the number in the "Errors" column to get detailed information.